"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff" - Matt Kibbe

3/23/11

Everything from the origin of central banking to calls to "End the Fed" in less than 5 minutes

Networking for Liberty is the phrase I have settled on to describe the way information is passed around the Internet to advance the cause of smaller government and more freedom.

It includes blogging, Facebook friendships and forwarded emails with links to news stories and interesting and informative videos. It's not a bad way to earn a living either. Just ask Matt Drudge.

So far I haven't earned a nickel doing it, but a blogger is always just one viral posting away from enough advertising revenue to pay for a whole month's worth of greens fees.

I feature a lot of the videos, cartoons and other information I receive from those sources on the sidebar of this site and I frequently write commentaries about the ideas contained in them so we can share the wealth of ideas without spending all day web surfing or all night arguing politics over adult beverages in our favorite watering holes. (OK, the last one is kinda fun).

I've met some interesting people along the way and I've learned a lot as well. The net is the best way I know of to surround myself with folks who are smarter than I am without actually paying them.

One of the people I network with is the semi-famous Dan Mitchell of the Cato Institute. Like many of my "networkers", I've never met him in person.  Dan gives me (along with an unknown number of other bloggers) the heads up on new things he's working on that he would like to see widely disseminated. I'm happy to oblige because his stuff is a good fit for the kind of people who come to this site.

He sent a link to the following video. It's one I think will appeal to the busy folks who nevertheless find time to come here for some interesting informational snacks to chew on between making a living and giving most of it to the government. It's the first in a series and I'll be featuring the rest as they become available. It runs a mere five minutes. I hope you enjoy it (and the rest to come) and learn some history while you do.

In the meantime, please keep networking because the work we do here on the net may turn out to be the work that allows us to regain our liberty. China doesn't seek to censor and repress the Internet because it's helpful to statism.

No comments: