"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff" - Matt Kibbe

1/16/12

The Evolution of Education

Good ideas don't come from bureaucrats. At least I can't think of one that ever has. The messy free market is the mother of innovation.

As we learn more about how we learn, the science of education continues to evolve. These new approaches lead me to wonder whether I would have become better educated if these techniques were available when I was a student.

Sal Khan is an amazing person. And his ideas have now attracted the support of Bill Gates and others with the means to aid in their advancement. I found these videos to be enlightening and exciting. I hope you will as well. Quite a number of teachers, active and retired, read this blog and I'll be interested on their take on this. The classroom could look much different with ideas like this.

The first video is about the ideas and the second is about the person.



No comments: