"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff" - Matt Kibbe

3/24/20

Everything is Postponed


By Grant Davies

It seems like everything has been postponed in the last few weeks. Not the least of which are our relative safety and our ability to earn a living. Also a slew of minor stuff, like everything else.

You may remember a somewhat forgettable post I made here before all hell broke loose. It concerned the definition of politics and I promised to call everyone out about why they vote for parties that don't actually represent them anymore. You might also remember that I have not followed up on that yet.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if anyone noticed. Possibly, their interest was postponed.

The lack of followup wasn't a mistake or laziness although I am often mistake prone as well as lazy. 

So much has happened in the last month that no matter how I try to finish that three part post it just won't work right now. Writing about political loyalties seems a tad trivial at this point. We should be pulling together right now even if the politicians are not.

I will find some other fundamental issue to write about in the meantime. I've had a few ideas, but  I'm going to wait until the fog that hangs over the virus events has lifted somewhat. 

I'll finish the political rumination as we get closer to the elections. I bet you can't wait.


No comments: