"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff" - Matt Kibbe

5/12/20

Feeling The Fundamental Chaos



By Grant Davies

It started out as a FaceBook post concerning the Governor of the State of Pennsylvania threatening the counties of that state with "consequences" if they don't comply with his edicts. I decided to expand upon that here.

It occurred to me to list a few lines in that post about what is going on now.

Here's the expanded list and a few reflections:

Our governments are fighting other parts of our governments.
Our governments are fighting our people.
Our people are fighting the governments.
Our people are fighting our people.
Our families are fighting with each other.
Our friends are discarding each other.
Our governments are violating our rights instead of defending them.
Our police are violating our rights instead of defending them.
Our people are disregarding the police.
Our people are disregarding the governments.
Our people are wards of the state.
Our people are frightened by the government into disregarding their own rights.
Our people don't believe the "news" sources.
Our people are reporting on each other's behavior.

The list could be expanded more, but most people get the idea.

All of this was happening before the virus scare.

So now it's not just the list that has expanded. The size and scope of those things has expanded. And the curve of those things hasn't flattened. It's steeper, much steeper.

This is what Chaos looks like. It didn't start with an illness. But the illness sure put a giant magnifying glass on it.

Our society is unraveling. Perhaps collapsing. Things that are being done right now may lead to even worse things soon.

I'm not feeling the love.



3 comments:

Bill Davies said...

Sometimes I sit down and feel so sad about what is happening. I feel like fighting back but I know that is not going to work so I say a little prayer and it helps. At my age I don't know how much time I have but I worry some much about my kids and my grand kids.

Grant Davies said...

Only Alfred E Newman doesn't worry. We worry. It's what we do. We're parents.

Anonymous said...

Living in Illinois under the edicts of governor (Hyat) Pritzker is tough enough. Another Illinois lefty. No surprise I suppose I should be thankful I don’t live in Michigan or Maine where the real morons preside. I will stay safe and I will defy the idiots when it makes less sense than it does today. A Texas judge sentences a beauty salon owner to 7 days in jail and $7000 fine because she won’t apologize to he’s lordship. Another half wit judge refuses to throw out the indictment of Gen Flynn when requested by the office that brought the charges to begin with (I understand a different Atty General but the office is the same)
This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

PS. Nancy Nitwit, the house speaker, wants to add lobbyists to the upcoming 3 trillion dollar assistance package.
They’re all nuts

Grant stay well


John O